[cma-l] Radio Academy podcast

Alan Coote alan.coote at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 12 18:51:34 BST 2009

Having listened to the Podcast I have to say I totally disagree with the
statement made by Jaqui that community radio benefits from the current
regulations.

There is no evidence that this is the case. In fact to the contrary, current
regulations has well and truly placed Community Radio as a 3rd class citizen
behind the BBC and commercial radio.

With a woefully inadequate community radio fund, an arbitrary limit on
coverage, no realistic path to digital and no economies of scale because of
limits on ownership, then its beggars belief that the regulations are in any
way helping the sector.

Commercial radio must be laughing all the way the their deregulated future.

Alan