[cma-l] Climate Change Programmes for Community Radio

Chris Weaver chris at resonancefm.com
Mon May 11 14:40:03 BST 2009

Climate Radio is back!

For three months from May to July, Climate Radio will follow the story
of the emerging global deal on climate change. Although the deal will
be finalised at the United Nations talks in Copenhagen in December,
many of the critical decisions are being made right now. While the
scientists throw up their hands in a show of resignation and activists
prepare to take their message to the streets, most of the nation lies
sleeping. Don’t let your listeners sleep through it!

The Copenhagen talks are the most important talks ever convened by
mankind and this story is no less than than the story of whether
mankind manages to get its act together to save itself.

“The 300-350 Show” is made for Resonance104.4FM in London and is
syndicated free to not-for-profit community radio stations and
independent media outlets around the globe.

Each programme is half an hour long. The series started on 7 May with
a stop-gap programme (featuring George Monbiot, Caroline Lucas, et al
recorded at the launch of the “Climate Safety” report last Autumn) and
the series proper starts this Thursday 14 May.

Please contact producer, Phil England, directly if you would like to
broadcast these programmes: 020 8376 2460; phil at switch-off.co.uk

To hear examples of Climate Radio’s previous programmes visit the
archive at: www.climateradio.org
Climate Radio gratefully acknowledges the support of Artists Project Earth

What people are saying about Climate Radio:

A very thorough set of programmes featuring interviews with some of
the best-informed and authoritative voices on climate change. George
Marshall, Founder and Director of Projects, Climate Outreach and
Information (COIN)

I’ve been a fan for ages. Leo Murray, Media Producer and Lead Animator
on the “Age of Stupid”, press officer and activist for Plane Stupid
Climate Radio adds significant value to our online presence and new
programmes form a key feature of our weekly email bulletin which is
distributed to 22,000 international subscribers every week. Richard
Coles, Publishing Director, The Ecologist

I wish you continued good luck with the show. All good wishes. George
Monbiot, award-winning journalist and author

Yippee! I’m soooo glad you are back on the waves and will gladly
forward your mails! My ears are yours. Marliese Franklin, Food Show
Host and Producer, KBOO community radio, Portland Oregon

Welcome back Phil! The return of climate radio may be just in time. I
know I'll be listening - and it will be hard to resist the urge to
pilfer quotes from time to time for my own Radio Ecoshock Show. Alex
Smith, host, Radio Ecoshock, Vancouver, Canada

Nice one Phil! Happy to help in anyway I can as always! Ed Gillespie,
Creative Director and Co-Founder, Futerra Sustainability
Communications

Thanks, Phil. Congrats on a really good series - All FM has been happy
to include them in its schedule David Armes, All FM, Manchester

Thanks for passing this information on. I shall look forward to
listening to your show. Matt Prescott, journalist, BBC News; and
founder of Energy Saving Day

Keep up the good work! Chris, Indymedia UK

This is great. James Marriott, Director, Platform

I can download 'em and run them on KWMD Kasilof 90.7, Anchorage 104.5
as a Monday noonish special series. Jeremy Lansman, KWMD

Just received your CD of climate programmes and wanted to say a big
thank you. They will work into our schedule very well and we will
begin broadcasting them shortly. They are a great resource and we will
always be happy to be kept informed about anything similar in the
future. Thanks again. Duncan Moore, Diversity FM, Lancaster

We are pushing it out on Felixstowe Radio. Trevor, Felixstowe Radio, Suffolk

We have started broadcasting The Low Carbon Show on a Saturday morning
- in fact it started this week. Thanks. Neil Ogden, Programme
Controller, Hospital Radio Basingstoke, Basingstoke and North
Hampshire Hospital

I was delighted to find Climate Radio online. Your interview is
terrific, and offers some provocative ideas for KPFK listeners. Thanks
for making your work available, and for posting it to radio4all.net.
Keep up the great work. Bronwyn Mauldin, Indymedia On Air, KPFK, 90.7
FM Los Angeles, 98.7 FM Santa Barbara, California

We have broadcast every programme you have produced for us many of
them twice. We intend to repeat the whole series again and change to
another day at the end of the series. When we go live on FM we also
intend to repeat them all continuously again. Our feedback has been
positive as we focus on this subject on our website and our website
hits have increased by 50% since the series began. An excellent series
on a subject matter which more people are becoming more conscious
about and we thank you for your good work! Good luck with the rest of
the series and best wishes. Robert Wildeman, Drystone Radio, North
Yorkshire

We are launching an arts-based radio station here at Dartington
College of Arts in S. Devon and would be very interested in airing
your weekly show.  The Schumacher College is based within our area and
there would be a great deal of interest in your programmes. Nell
Harrison, Project Manager, SounDArt FM, Dartington, South Devon

Your show sounds very interesting. I have attached an instruction
sheet for you on how to upload into AudioPort. Thank you for reaching
out to contact us. Ursula Ruedenberg, Pacifica Affiliates Coordinator,
Berkley, CA

--
Chris Weaver
Production Manager