[cma-l] Shared Radio Broadcast for WCAD + downloads available

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Mar 30 16:52:44 BST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Adrian Beckingham <storymountain at hotmail.com>

Hi

It's Adrian Beckingham, The Man from Story Mountain here.

Could you sent out this info  - it will help a residential school we
have built in Nepal for Tibetan orphans, who learn traditional art
plus get a hot meal and a bed every day.

I am just on my last day before whizzing off to work at the Siddhartha
Foundation school in Nepal - all very hectic but soooooo exciting so
keeping my shoulder to the grindstone till I leave. The BBC have asked
me to write a Nepal Web Diary of my trip to be updated every few days
onto their website (I think it will be on BBC Somerset Sound but not
sure) so please take a look.

The direct number of the office organising it is 01823 323956 so call
in if you can't find it - as to speak to Tamsyn. She is lovely and
will be pleased to hear from you if you are having trouble finding the
work she has done for me. Letting them know people are interested will
help them give it more priorpty as a news item and have great
potential therefore for the school and orphans attending.

Also there are still five days left to listen to the live radio
interview I did on BBC Somerset Sound. To listen, google BBC SOMERSET
SOUND,  then on their home page click on LISTEN AGAIN, then click on
THE MORNING SHOW with Emma Burton for MARCH 27 (you may need to
download the correct file for listening to it at this stage but it
then lets you watch any BBC programmes you want whenever you want so
is a handy little tool to have). Once the radio programme starts
playing, you will see a small pointer at the bottom of the screen
slowly scrolling along as the programme unfolds. The show is  180
minutes long so to jump to my bit move the pointer along to minute 58
then  my interview will be about to begin (which lasts about 20
minutes).

Again, the more people who listen in, the higher the profile for the
news item and the greater the potential benefit for the school.

The schools website: http://www.siddharthafoundationuk.org

Radio interview link (remember to scroll to minute 58 of this 180
minute long broadcast to hear my 20 minute slot!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p002jc7v/The_Morning_Show_with_Emma_Britton_27_03_2009/

Adrian Beckingham Director The Man From Story Mountain.