[cma-l] Promoting community media successes - result!

Steve Thompson s.d.thompson at tees.ac.uk
Thu Mar 26 10:27:32 GMT 2009

FYI

Steve T

============

Dear Mr Thompson,

I understand the Cllr Findley, the Mayor of Redcar and Cleveland,
attended a presentation of the Skinningrove Jetty Animation Film
recently in Saltburn. I have spoken to Cllr Findley and he has asked
that we look into arranging a presentation of the film to our Members
and staff possibly before our next Full Council meeting on Thursday 23
April. Of course, we would also be looking to invite you, and Parish
Cllrs Barry Hunt and Tommy Evans to the presentation to discuss and
promote the film. There was also the suggestion of asking the local
school children to attend to perform the song from the film at this event.

On a slightly separate note, I have also been asked to contact our staff
in the Culture Service to seek advice about promoting the film in Redcar
and Cleveland. I have contacted Ged Demoily, our Head of Culture and
will be speaking to him soon about this.

I hope that these proposals meet with your approval? If you had some
time to discuss this with me over the phone, it would be much appreciated.

Yours faithfully,

Michael Brearley
Democratic Services
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council