[cma-l] Promoting community media successes

Steve Thompson s.d.thompson at tees.ac.uk
Wed Mar 4 10:22:12 GMT 2009

I'd like to submit this:

"SuperMayor Comes to Skinningrove"
(You'll Believe a Mayor Can Fly)

The Mayor of Redcar and Cleveland presided over the launch of a movie to
promote the rebuilding of Skinningrove Jetty in which Ashok Kumar MP
appears ( http://www.ecol.org.uk/?p=149 )

He later came in to take a stroll on the Virtual Jetty and we had a
lookalike avatar for him. He was so delighted with this that he pledged
enthusiastic support with the local press in attendance. He also asked
to appear in a movie himself and invited us to show it in Council
Chambers and make a pitch for support to rebuild the Jetty. The project
has more Councillors, MP's and Mayors than you can shake a stick at and
they're all just having fun. I'd like to offer the short film featuring
the Mayor as example of the power of Community Media.

Steve T
--
Steve Thompson
Community Engagement Coordinator