[cma-l] Promoting community media successes

Darren Jenkinson darren at prescap.co.uk
Tue Mar 3 14:25:51 GMT 2009

Good Afternoon, my name is Darren Jenkinson and I am the Vice Chair of
the Community Media Association.

Hopefully at this stage you are all getting your bookings in for the CMA
Conference on April 3rd and 4th. It looks to be an exciting and fun event.

 From recent discussions I have been involved in with individuals and
various forums, one subject which has consistently arisen is how we
promote the value that exists within the sector. When I refer to value I
refer to qualitative stories not necessarily quantities.

We thought it would be a great idea to put together a video of some of
the stories which make your station special. You all know the stories,
the ones that make you think “actually, this is exactly why I work in
the community media sector.

So how can I have a piece of this, I hear you ask.

Well, you could submit a piece of this video. What I would like in no
more than 90-120 seconds is a short video or a short piece of audio with
some digital pictures which sum up the statement “why is community media
so powerful”. We could also use this time to stand and present your
stories to the audience that is ok too.

 From looking at the schedule you will see that this video will be
played on the Saturday in the 11.15-12.15 part of the day.

Once this video is produced it will be hosted on the CMA website and
available for all stations to use to show the power of community media.

We need you help to make this work. In the first instance please send a
short statement of what you intend to submit by Friday 5pm to
darren at prescap.co.uk and then send your videos and audio later.

This is a great opportunity to produce a powerful and compelling piece
of media to show the sector, councils, government and funders how their
money and resources make a difference to individuals and it’s not just
about ticking boxes.

We look forward to your response and will see you all in Leicester on
the 3rd and 4th of April.

Darren Jenkinson
--
Darren Jenkinson
Community Involvement Officer

Prescap Community Radio Project
2nd Floor
Buckingham House
Glovers Court
Preston
PR1 3LS

Tel - 01772 880791

Prescap Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales (no 2217850).
Registered charity no 1046936. Registered office 5A Walton's Parade,
Preston, PR1 8QT.