[cma-l] Proposed Discussion with Ben Bradshaw, Secretary of State for Culture, Media & Sport

Phil Korbel phil.korbel at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:42:06 BST 2009

Ian & List

I agree with 2-4 and want to see all protection for small commercial
stations removed [especially as their regulation is being eased up -
probably] but I fervently believe in the need to put a quota on
advertising revenues to prevent community stations simply ending up
sounding like commercial ones in order to get advertising.  Whether it's
50% or 60% I'm not too bothered about but the very distinctiveness of
community radio is under threat if that quota is abandoned.

bests

Phil

--
Phil Korbel
Director

Radio Regen is a community, media and urban regeneration charity
A company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales No.
3753832

Registered office: 12 Hilton Street, Manchester, M1 1JF
Registered Charity No. 1077763

http://www.radioregen.org
http://www.communityradiotoolkit.net