[cma-l] URGENT! Last Chance for community media organisations to influence Digital Britain!!

BDFM Admin admin at blackdiamondfm.com
Mon Jun 1 20:03:19 BST 2009

Ave all, In my opinion Community television will only work in conjunction
with Community radio and in the future it will be broadband television that
will be successful as far as the community is concerned . Anyone that thinks
that they can produce good enough quality programmes for 24/7 Television is
seriously deluded. Having worked in television news for more than twenty
years, I am well aware of quality News and features coverage. I have also
witness the rise and fall of Edinburgh television which had a big
corporation behind it and it still went turtle. Dave Rushton is a very
genuine individual, and means well, but he is still thinking broadcast
licences. He has not kept up with the development in Broadband Television,
which can be  run from individual Community Radio station websites that is
the way forward for Community Media. Its cheap,(no expensive licences)
efficient, its total controllable by the staff of the Radio station, and
personal to the Community...The future of broadcasting, is us, the
Community......

John Ritchie (chairman)
Black Diamond 107.8FM
Your Community Radio for Midlothian
67 Gardiner Place  Newtongrange  EH22 4RT
Midlothian
0131 663 4811 or 0131 663 4488
e-mail          admin at blackdiamondfm.com
requests ,  studio at blackdiamondfm.com
website          www.blackdiamondfm.com
 Vat No 902  7470 38  Charity no SCO36762