[cma-l] Community Radio Fund - open letter to PM

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:20:06 BST 2009

An excellent move Steve, but a pity there was nothing in it about requiring Ofcom to re-address the problem that 20% of the UK population inside the M25 will effectively be deprived of Community Radio; as the Regulator maintains that there are only two FM and a few impracticable AM freqiencies available for all the potential Community radio stations which could be put in place.

I am astounded that everyone appears to accept this dictum when there is plenty of evidence - provided to an extent buy the hoardes of illegal broadcasters currently active in the UK - that it is not so.

Ian Hickling

Partner

transplan UK