[cma-l] Digital Britain: Lord Carter reports

Richard Hilton richard.hilton at bitc.org.uk
Thu Jan 29 17:55:38 GMT 2009

I've been told that Community radio is referred in the report in Action
9 where it says:

We will consult on new legislation to allow a one-off five-year
extension of existing community radio licences, to bring them in line
with other radio licences and recognise the important role they have in
delivering social gain. We also intend to re-consider the rationale for
the current restriction of 50% of funding from any one source.

The report invites feedback and comments before 12th March 2009.

Regards

Richard