[cma-l] Ofcom PSB review

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 11:31:05 GMT 2009

Dear all

Please find below the link to Ofcom's Statement on its second PSB review.

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/psb2_phase2/statement/

'Statement on short term regulatory decisions' may be found here:
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/psb2_phase2/shortterm

News release: http://www.ofcom.org.uk/media/news/2009/01/nr_20090121

We will be studying the PSB Review closely and will report back to you
very shortly, particularly on the future for local television and
whether there is any consideration by Ofcom of the possibility of
extending the notion of PSB to, for example, community radio.

We welcome your views and opinions either to us directly, to this
mailing list or as comments on the website:

http://www.commedia.org.uk/2009/01/21/ofcom-publishes-statement-on-public-service-broadcasting/

Best wishes

Jaqui
--
Director
Community Media Association

Access to the media for people and communities