[cma-l] Desktop media players and windows sidebar gadgets

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Thu Jan 1 12:48:13 GMT 2009

Hi - happy new year to you all...

For a while, I've been meaning to have a closer look at setting up
a windows sidebar gadget for our radio station. Rather than trawl the
web, find a good one, check the licensing and plagiarise it, I thought I'd
start here....

Has anyone created (or found!) a good windows sidebar gadget that
can be customised for your station (ie add your streaming URL and
logo) and distributed? If so, could you share the info here?

I don't think it would be too difficult to create one, but there's
no point in reinventing the wheel...

(for those who don't use Windows Vista - Windows Gadgets are small
stand-alone "mini-programs" - things like clocks, calendars, notepad,
media players, calculator etc. Windows sidebar is a pane on (usually)
the right-hand side of the desktop that holds a number of gadgets)

Bruce.
--

Bruce Rodger
Celtic Music Radio