[cma-l] Community Radio Meeting with Shadow Culture, Media and Sport Secretary

Julian Mellor julian at 10radio.org
Tue Feb 24 14:05:42 GMT 2009

 From what I hear from Whitehall, there will an autumn general
election with control going either to the Tories with a slim majority
or no overall control.  Getting the Tories onside with community
radio could therefore be a prudent move, especially as the hatchet
will doubtless be out on public spending!!

Very doubtful that we can make the meeting - but all strength to your
elbows those who do.

I guess key issues, aside from impressing the importance and value of
community radio, would be the ongoing round of regional bidding for
community licences (will the Tories continue it?), the future of the
community radio fund (will Tories commit to keeping it), and the
future of FM.

Julian
10Radio