[cma-l] Charity Status

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Dec 16 12:46:23 GMT 2009

Hi Julie

I sent this to the list last week:

[Link: http://mailman.commedia.org.uk/pipermail/cma-l/2009-December/005119.html]

Co-operatives UK have launched a guide to legal structures for
community enterprises.

This valuable guide is for development professionals who are involved
in advising and supporting new and existing organisations in the third
sector.

The guide will also prove useful for individuals who are considering
establishing a new organisation or are reviewing the structure of an
existing one.

The comprehensive 67 page guide covers:

    * Incorporation
    * Legal forms
    * Organisational types
    * Ownership and asset locking
    * Charitable status

PDF download:

http://www.cooperatives-uk.coop/live/images/cme_resources/Public/MakingLocalFoodWork/SimplyLegal.pdf

See the Co-operatives UK website for more information:

http://www.cooperatives-uk.coop/SimplyLegal

There's a lot of advice within about setting up a charity - does that
help?  What problems are you having with the Charity Commission?

Best regards

Bill

Canstream Internet Radio
http://www.canstream.co.uk/