[cma-l] PPL And Other Fees

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Wed Aug 26 17:24:54 BST 2009

Dear All

Here we go again with another load cods-wallop ! ....... it gets better and
better every week ........ this shouldn't be called the community radio bill
....... it should be called the bill (that makes everything difficult and
the one that has no common sense attached to it) ............. I keep saying
it over and over again ...... sometimes you have to stand up and be counted
and I see only one way at the moment with this lot and that's 'revolt'
............ I feel upset that I've been reduced to such a state that I am
promoting this, but I honestly don't see any other options open.

Everybody seems to be pussy-footying around all the DCMS public school boys
who wouldn't know the real world if it got up bit them on their backsides.
Let's have some straight talking.

The petition is a red-herring ........ numbers don't matter .... 2000 is
enough, these are the representatives and that is your licence to meet with
these people.
You ask them nicely and make one final attempt to make them see reason after
which if all else fails you tell them what 200 Community Stations are going
to do if they don't .......... you get on with it. I've got my court money
ready right now !

This rule ( 5 years ) is yet another joke ......... there should only be one
question ...... has this station provided community radio yes / no ..... if
yes, extend the licence. If they wish to take your licence away then at the
same time they MUST take/revoke the commercial stations licence away as well
and the local BBC one ............ a level playing field for everyone .....
HOW ABOUT THAT ??............
PPL / PRS = Instalments don't come into it ..... however ......... if in the
worst case scenario you don't have a renewal, write a cheque for the amount
that you owe .......... you can't get penalised in law if you have 'paid
your bill or paid your way' ........ I've been reading it up ........ I
should be a solicitor really.

Restrictions, restrictions, uneven/not level playing field, ridiculous
unreasonable rules and regulations ............... Let's get in the boxing
ring !    Everyone at Canalside has had enough ...... we've lost 2 more
sponsors this week, that's 11 in 3 months due to the fact that we daren't
even read out somebody's phone number for petes sake !   IT'S PATHETIC !
We are standing by whilst at the same time watching all our dedication and
hard work go belly up through no fault of our own !
We've got people on-air at CCR who have disabilities, one has a stammer, one
is blind, one has learning disabilities ..... are you all going to stand by
and see these DCMS pompous prats destroy their fun ....... I certainly ain't
...... laws or no laws ..... I've gotten a fire in my belly !
Like I said to everyone ...... if we go down, we'll go down fighting and
we'll take some big-knobs with us, coz' I'll be gunning for em' !

Regards to all

Get bobbing and weaving but keep smiling

Nick