[cma-l] Broadcasting code and community radio and television - deadline approaching

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Mon Aug 24 12:42:00 BST 2009

Dear all

Just to remind you that Ofcom's consultation on amendments to the
Broadcasting Code closes on 4th September.  It is a long document, but
there are two main parts that affect community radio, so we urge you to
respond at least to those questions.

Service Level Agreements and community radio - proposed amendment to
Section 10, inserting a specific rule on SLAs and our sector (see page
117) - answer required for Question 40.

Appeals for funds and community radio - proposed new rules in Section 10
- 10.53 to 10.55 (see page 119) - answer required for Question 41.

You may also be interested in responding on the proposed changes to
Section 9 re Public Information Programming (both radio and TV, see page
52 onwards).

We will publish the CMA's proposed responses shortly for your reference.

The consultation can be found here:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/bcode09/

also on our website www.commedia.org.uk

Best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities