[cma-l] Help us get one thousand names...

Office - ccr-fm office at ccr-fm.co.uk
Mon Aug 10 13:59:15 BST 2009

Steve

You are doing a brilliant job ........ however ........ I think someone
needs to get their arguing head on !

In case no one has noticed, in my opinion a 1000 signatures is more than
ample .......... why ?  how come ?

Because THIS IS COMMUNITY RADIO ......... most people who are involved, who
want to be involved, who take part, who participate, live and work in
deprived back-grounds (not all of course)(and I don't want to sound
patronising) ..... they have had less opportunities than others, their lives
are sometimes busy enough simply by just getting through the day, and they
can't sign the petition coz' they don't have a computer. They come to us to
learn skills, some of them going onto a computer for the first time etc etc
....... we know all the arguments. Bits of paper at this stage are no use
without a face to face with these government people. They need to wake up
and smell the coffee.
Pussyfooting around them won't work either ..... they either lift the
sanctions or we go it alone ........ I hardly fancy Ofcom trying to deal
with over 200 stations. It's pathetic that we've even reached this desperate
stage.
Stick me on the committee ...... I'll talk face to face to the DCMS, I've
got a hell of a lot of questions to ask and many observations to make.

Argue the lack of numbers .......... it's irrelevant !    as long as the
team leaders and the representatives are on there, that's all that matters.

Nick