[cma-l] CMA Council meeting

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Tue Aug 4 14:46:08 BST 2009

As well as all the other excellent directions posited thus far there are
3 other areas that are KEY & NOW for CR

   1. cracking the selling of commercial space on our non-profit
      stations, in general and with a national and accessible frontage
      to that activity, freeing us more from grant funding and working
      towards unrestricted cash income for sustainability
   2. creating a respected 3rd party audience figure/reach methodology
      that has nothing to do with the statistical nonsense that is RAJAR
   3. finding some way to provide news which isn't IRN (for those that
      don't think it's for us like we do) and one which also doesn't
      contribute to the destruction of newspapers and journalism in general

They are my areas of development both here in Cambridge, and beyond
where I can, and passionately believe that they need attention and *now
*because I know how long things take, in this game

CMA-L wrote:
> [...]

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of 209radio Ltd.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.