[cma-l] CMA Council meeting

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:52:47 BST 2009

Phil

At the distinct risk of being accused of climbing onto my hobby-horse yet again, can I request that the Council be asked:

1 - If it is content to accept Ofcom's announcement that no FM frequencies are available for potential Community Radio stations within the M25 other than those vacated by ceased broadcasters at Lewisham, Thamesmead, High Wycombe and Amersham?

2 - If it is satisfied that Ofcom has put in sufficient work to locate available FM frequencies within the M25?

3 - If it is content that Ofcom has and is continuing to devote enough time and manpower to remove illegal broadcasters within the M25 and over the rest of the UK in order to enable the inclusion of more Community Radio stations?

4 - If it intends to work with Ofcom and the large number of potential Communty Radio Applicants within the M25 and elsewhere to actively search out and vacate FM frequencies to the benefit of Community Radio?

Thanks

Ian Hickling

Partner

transplan UK