[cma-l] New discussion list about Community Media and Conflict

Salvatore Scifo salvatore.scifo at communitymedia.eu
Sun Sep 7 09:09:08 BST 2008

-----Apologies for cross posting-----

------ Forwarded Message
*From: *Clemencia Rodriguez <clemencia at ou.edu>
*Date: *Fri, 5 Sep 2008 15:41:44 -0500
*To: *<COMMUNITYMEDIAINCONFLICT-L at LISTS.OU.EDU>
*Subject: *Welcome message

Dear all

This is the first message of our new listserv communitymediainconflict-l

I have created this list for those of us doing research on, or working
with, or supporting community media in areas of armed conflict. The idea
is to begin consolidating a community among us, an inclusive community
of practitioners, media producers, academics, people at NGOs, at
international organizations, etc.

We should all be able to send messages to the list by sending to:
communitymediainconflict-l at lists.ou.edu

Archives will be kept at lists.ou.edu (search under
communitymediainconflict-l)

Also, Benjamin Ferron already set up a link in the Alternative Media
Global Project wiki so that we can centralize a bibliography about this
subject. There's nothing at the moment in the wiki but in the next few
days I will upload what I know of. If we all do the same, soon we should
have a comprehensive bank of resources (wiki link is:
http://www.ourmedianetwork.org/wiki/bibliography:ams_theme). (If you
don't want to mess with the wiki, send me bibliographic entries and I
will add them; we can add books, journal articles, reports, web
materials, anything ...)

Finally, here is a link to Diana Coryat's recent article about two youth
community media projects in Colombia and how these young Colombians are
using media to buffer armed conflict:

_http://www.youthmediareporter.org/2008/08/challenging_the_silences_and_o.html

_Given how busy we all are with email and numerous listservs I would
like to ask everyone to use this list exclusively for the topic it was
created for.

Clemencia

Clemencia Rodriguez
Associate Professor