[cma-l] On-line Listener Figures

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Oct 21 11:57:50 BST 2008

Hi Sand

Please see below.

> From: sand at spicefm.co.uk
>
> Hi all,
>
> Just on this point we have not launched on line yet as we can't find a
> streaming service within our budget that allows for more than 50
> listeners at any one time.

As previously mentioned we believe Canstream represents exceptional
value for webcasting and CMA members can start streaming from as
little as £25 per month for 50 unmetered streams.  We sell streaming
in multiples of 50 listeners so you could have 100 concurrent
listeners from £50 per month.  We find that it is best to start off
with a low number of listeners and increase as your audience size
grows.

Canstream continues to improve the service that we deliver to our
webcasters and we now offer the following as standard to the Internet
radio stations that use our services:

- fixed price usage, no hidden surcharges
- free benchmarked webstats
- telephone and email support
- free encoder software for PC and Mac
- stable, secure and reliable open source streaming platform
- dedicated high-speed connectivity on the Internet backbone from
Telehouse, Docklands
- link from the CMA website on request
- free Flash MP3 player to embed on your website
- support with PPL and MCPS-PRS returns
- subscriptions support the strategic work of the CMA

We have just added a further service to provide Canstream subscribers
with free site survey to report on dead and broken links, and we are
looking to provide additional value-added services in the next few
weeks so that Canstream remains the best value webcasting service for
community-based broadcasters.

> Also does streaming (uploading) actually come off your download
> allowance as assigned by broadband providers, even unlimited broadband
> tends to have a fair usage policy.

No, the 'beauty of the system' is that our Canstream servers take the
bandwidth 'hit' and do the hard work in terms of delivering your
content to your audience.  A simple link from your website will
connect your listeners to our servers and the radio stream will not
count against your monthly data allowance for your website.

> Look forward to your advice.

Hope that helps

> Regards
> Sandeep