[cma-l] On-line Listener Figures

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 19:06:27 BST 2008

Hi Chris

As we have discussed you can certainly put a great deal of faith in
the webcast stats that Canstream provides for you using the open
source package Webalizer as we have benchmarked your stats
independently using AWStats (another open source web stats package).
I'm pleased to say that the difference in reported results was only
+/- 1% over a sample period of nearly 12 months.  I think this pretty
much proves the case for the accuracy of the Webalizer application and
you can completely trust the results.

Canstream continues to improve the service that we deliver to our
webcasters and we now offer the following as standard to the Internet
radio stations that use our services:

- fixed price usage, no hidden surcharges
- free benchmarked webstats
- telephone and email support
- free encoder software for PC and Mac
- stable, secure and reliable open source streaming platform
- dedicated high-speed connectivity on the Internet backbone from
Telehouse, Docklands
- link from the CMA website on request
- free Flash MP3 player to embed on your website
- support with PPL and MCPS-PRS returns
- subscriptions support the strategic work of the CMA
- low subscriptions starting at £25 per month for global community broadcasting

Canstream aims to be the leading provider of streaming media services
to the voluntary and community sector in the UK, and we intend to
expand our offer to Canstream webcasters to include further
complimentary services in the very near future.  The CMA is an
accredited partner with Zen Internet, the award winning service
provider, and we can now also re-sell high quality broadband
connectivity to community organisations.  Please watch this space for
further details.

Best regards

Bill
--