[cma-l] On-line Listener Figures

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 17:16:18 BST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Chris Weaver" <chris at resonancefm.com>

Dear All,

I'm attempting to compile a concise report into our listening figures
on-line and I'm using information provided by the Webalizer tool. The
CMA uses the Streaming extension to this program to convert hits and
visits to listener figures. for the webstreams.

My question is a rather simple one. How much faith are people putting
into these figures? I have down an average number of listeners per
month at 45,000 This seems excessively high and I wonder if the
program is not taking into account repeat visits.

I'm interested to hear peoples opinions.

cheers,

Chris
--
Chris Weaver