[cma-l] BBC Locals to remove 'Radio'

Steven Suttie Stevensuttie at aol.com
Thu Nov 27 13:49:27 GMT 2008

How about BBC local radio keeps its existing livery - and the licence
payers cash that is being laundered on this ridiculous initiative gets
shared out among the community stations?

I'm sure its going to cost a fortune for Aunty to pay for new
letterheads, pens, mousemats, t shirts, cups, stickers, dj photocards
and blah blah at every single local station. More, I'd think than the
DCMS annual £550,000 for community radio. I'd be intrigued to learn the
actual budget available for this incredible waste of the BBC's free money.

No doubt this debate will rage on and on - but regardless of Jonathan
Ross' salary et al - the corporation are taking the Michael!

And it hurts when community radio as a sector still isn't getting a look
in at any decent funding.

But I'm not bitter!

Kindest Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM Salford City Radio
office 0161 793 2939 / mobile 07772 355 852
Brand New Website: http://www.salfordcityradio.org