[cma-l] Royalty payments

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Tue Nov 18 11:58:26 GMT 2008

Hi Trevor

Thank you for this and the pledges of support to the CMA.

As mentioned last Friday the CMA has written to Alison Seabeck MP
thanking her for her contribution to the PRS debate last Wednesday and
welcoming the code of conduct that has been drawn up by PRS in how
they intend to communicate with small businesses and charities.

We have also copied the letter to David Lammy, Minister for Higher
Education & Intellectual Property and requested a meeting with both
MPs to discuss with them further how this matter affects the community
broadcasting sector as a whole.

As a result of dialogue with the CMA, PPL no longer requires community
radio stations to deliver a detailed ISRC report but stations may now
describe their output in terms of other more well-known platforms,
e.g. "We're 50:50 Radio1 and Radio4" or something like that.

Music licensing for community broadcasters, as well as digital
switchover and funding issues, is one of the key priorities of the
CMA.  Furthermore we will be taking feedback from you to the Digital
Mentors fund meeting at DCLG tomorrow - please see my next email.

Best regards

Bill
--
Technical Manager