[cma-l] Music royalties and the Third Sector

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Fri Nov 14 16:57:59 GMT 2008

Richard & others

Many thanks for your emails and pledges of support.

The CMA has written to Alison Seabeck MP thanking her for her
contribution to the debate about the Performing Right Society and
welcoming the code of conduct that has been drawn up by PRS in how
they intend to communicate with small businesses and charities.  We
have also copied the letter to David Lammy, Minister for Higher
Education & Intellectual Property and requested a meeting with both
MPs to discuss with them further how this matter affects the community
broadcasting sector as a whole.

We are requesting that the PRS's Code of Conduct should also equally
apply to community media organisations and we will seek that MCPS and
PPL also publish a similar Code of Conduct that is applicable to our
sector.

Please keep referring to the mailing list for further updates and we
will inform you - via the mailing list, the Twitter feed
(http://tinyurl.com/cma-tweet) and forthcoming new website - of any
significant news with regard to the above.

Best regards

Bill
--
Technical Manager