[cma-l] Music royalties and the Third Sector

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 12:24:06 GMT 2008

Hi

> Charities currently have to pay for licences from the society, which
> collects royalties for composers and lyricists. But they are exempt
> from paying royalties to Phonographic Performance Limited, which
> represents the interests of music producers and performers. The
> Government has proposed ending the PPL exemption.

But this does not apply to those CR stations which are charities, like us?

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527