[cma-l] preston bid

phil at radio-regen.myzen.co.uk phil at radio-regen.myzen.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 21:04:01 GMT 2008

dear All

richard - that is very very good of you.

But everyone else - if you think that this is a pass key to Lottery dosh
please do not think that any form of cut and paste approach will work - BLF
are way smarter than that.  Indeed if anyone was daft enough to try it such
a move would be very damaging to reputation of the whole sector, let alone
your organisation.  Richard's point about local specifics is spot on, and
furthermore, you have to show real origination of the project in the
community [as opposed to simply doing more of what you do already] - all of
which is made clear in the BLF notes.  Most of all, dont promise to deliver
something that you cant deliver just because it looks good on the BLF form
- obvious dangers again for you and the sector.

So well done again to Richard and all at PrestonFM for opening the door -
but 'be real' out there about how to use the valuable resource that Richard
has offered.

[BTW - not having a go at anyone here - just reflecting on an obvious
temptation]

GOOD LUCK!

bests

Phil