[cma-l] Press Release - A Day in Radio

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Nov 12 13:48:14 GMT 2008

A Day in Radio

Have you ever turned on the radio and thought that sounds like a lot of
fun I wish I could do that or this is a load of rubbish and I could do it
better? Well now's your chance to give it a go! Castledown Radio 104.7FM
is giving anyone in the local area a chance to get on air with "A Day in
Radio" on the 29th November 2008.

'A Day in Radio' is a one day course which gives any one, regardless of
age, broadcasting experience or technical knowledge the basic skills they
need to be able to conduct an interview and to produce and present a radio
show. The day starts of with an introduction to community radio and a tour
around the media centre and ends with you broadcasting 'live' on
Castledown Radio 104.7FM.

The course is taught by qualified teacher and Castledown Radio station
manager, Baz Reilly, accompanied by John Sparrow, volunteer broadcaster.

Don't take our word for it; here is what the participants on the last 'Day
in Radio' had to say about the course:

"Great fun – I'd love to get back on there and do it again" – Kristal
Solly – Tesco, Community Champion.

"It was brilliant I learnt a lot and I'm going to take that away with me
and hopefully make some short documentaries" - Dr Kate Evans, Bristol
University.

Other comments included; "Absolutely brilliant", "I really enjoyed
myself", "Fantastic day", "Very exciting" and "I enjoyed it, it gave me a
buzz!"

If you would like to listen to the interviews recorded on the last 'Day in
Radio' check out: http://www.castledownradio.info/content/view/507/40/

The 'Day in Radio' course runs from 9am to 6pm, with lunch at 12 noon,
lunch costs £5. The course is free, we do however ask for a donation
towards the running costs of Castledown Radio.

The last 'Day in Radio' was highly popular and was fully booked – booking
your place for the 29th November is recommended as spaces are limited. If
you would like to find out more about the course or to book your place
call Baz on 01264 84 1047 or email studio at castledownradio.info

-Ends-

--
Xina Hart
Media Coordinator

Castledown Radio Ltd
Castledown Media Centre
Tidworth Road
Ludgershall
SP11 9RR

Tel: 01264 841047 or 791929

(Company Limited by Guarantee, registered at Companies House 06566719)