[cma-l] AMARC Conference: Bucharest, Romania 11-14 December 2008

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Nov 7 13:17:38 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: Sangita Basudev <sangita at sheffieldlive.org>

Hi Everyone

I hope you are all well.  I would like to take this opportunity to
formally invite you to the AMARC Europe conference being held in
Bucharest, Romania from the 11 - 14 December 2008.  It is a great
opportunity to met other Community Broadcasters in Europe and share
information, join together on lobbing efforts at local and European
levels and get to know each other.  2008 sees the 25th anniversary of
AMARC International so the gathering is a celebration of our world
wide movement as community radio broadcasters.  It is also the
beginning of a new era of community radio networking in Europe.

The European section of the World Association of Community Radio
Broadcasters (AMARC Europe) is honoured to invite you to participate
to the  conference, Community Radio in Europe: Broadcasting on the
Edge, in Bucharest. The conference will be held in Bucharest,Romania,
11-14 December 2008.  The event will offer an opportunity for almost
one hundred community radio broadcasters from more than 30 countries
across Europe to meet and develop strategies to strengthen community
radio across the region -
particularly in Central and Eastern Europe.

Join us for this important event by sharing your experience on
Community Radio challenges in your country. For AMARC Europe, the
conference and the General Assembly will allow the organization to
finalize its strategic plan and activities for 2009-2010, including
reaching decisions on common strategies concerning digital
broadcasting switch over, sharing information and programming across
wide areas within the region, making plans for social action
broadcasting in areas such as HIV/AIDS and the environment, and plans
for training and capacity building for women broadcasters in Europe.

MORE INFORMATION: http://www.amarc.org/conference_europe/index.html
REGISTER ON LINE: http://www.amarc.org/colloque_europe/europeform_en.php

The World Association of Community Radio Broadcasters AMARC is an
international non-governmental organization serving the community
radio movement worldwide. AMARC links more than 3000 community radios
in over 110 countries through direct membership and national
federations. As a network for exchange and solidarity, AMARC provides
consultation, coordination, cooperation and promotion of community
radio to its members.  CIJ, Centre for Independent Journalism, is one
of the strongest advocacy
groups in Romania, being involved in the preparation, adoption and
implementation of critical legislation. CIJ facilitates the social
dialogue by supporting democratic changes, encouraging the citizen's
participation and acting for the responsibility of decision makers.

We are looking forward to receive you in Bucharest.

In solidarity

Sangita
AMARC Europe organising committee
Sheffield Live! 93.2 fm

Sangita Basudev
Chief Executive
Sheffield Live! 93.2fm
15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2DD
0114 2814082

Sheffield Live! 93.2fm

Tune in and hear us now on 93.2 fm

Listen to our internet radio station on http://www.sheffieldlive.org

Keep dancing but don't give up the fight!