[cma-l] Digital Storage

Peter Vautier londonhuayu at gmail.com
Fri May 30 17:48:40 BST 2008

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with data storage?

Just going through my archives of old programmes stored on an
external HD. I found some of the programmes have become corrupt,
including one that we are still making. Talked to a tech friend
who says storing digital media is a problem. Apparently DVD's don't last
because they are sensitive to light and other things, I suppose CD's
have a similar problem.

External HD's seem to like mangling up your saved programmes because (I
guess) they are always saving and re-saving, adding and deleting data....

So what is a good solution for storing and archiving stuff you want to
be preserved without having to worry about it?

Peter Vautier
London Chinese Radio
--
I raise money for London Huayu (Charity Number 1117147) just by using
http://www.everyclick.com/ instead of Google.

http://www.everyclick.com/ is an internet search engine with a big
difference - it donates half its revenues to charity, please support
them too!