[cma-l] Refugee Week Radio - call for contributions from community radio stations around the country

Cathy Aitchison cathy.aitchison at btinternet.com
Mon May 12 10:20:35 BST 2008

Hello everyone

For the third year, London Link Radio is running Refugee Week Radio, an
online community broadcast and website celebrating and promoting Refugee
Week and the contribution of refugees to the UK.  See:
http://www.refugeeweekradio.net - Refugee Week Radio
http://www.refugeeweek.org.uk - official Refugee Week website

Can you contribute an item or a programme? We are looking for contributions
from community radio stations and individual reporters/volunteers around the
country, not just in London.

The themes of this year's Refugee Week are very broad:
1. the contribution of refugees:  refugees are ... talented, quirky, sporty,
sexy, inventive - people who make a huge contribution to the UK, socially,
culturally and economically
2. Mutual benefit:  British people and refugees learn and benefit from each
other
3. Friendship: with the friendship of British people, refugees are able to
better and more quickly rebuild their lives, and to offer so much more.

Please contact us as soon as possible so we can block out a space for you in
the schedule or within a particular programme.  Email
production2 at refugeeweekradio.net
(Pre-recorded items should be in MP3 format on CD.)

If your community radio station is planning to do a live Refugee Week
programme for your area during Refugee Week, please also let us know so we
can create a link. (And items from live local programmes are welcome after
Refugee Week for inclusion on our website.)

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Best wishes
Cathy Aitchison
http://www.refugeeweekradio.net