[cma-l] Broadcast desks

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Fri May 2 18:16:48 BST 2008

> I would recommend either the Sonifex  S2 or something from the
> Soundcraft range, perhaps the series 10.

Whatever you go for, work out how many channels you need and make
sure you get a few extra - an additional 50% isn't unreasonable.
Our main studio has 10 (on an old Sonifex Sovereign desk), which
is just about adequate, but I could easily use another half dozen...

You can, of course, "double up" channels, if they have 2 or 3 inputs,
but it's not particularly intuitive. 1 channel per input is far
easier to explain.

Bruce.

--

Bruce Rodger