[cma-l] Air conditioning advice PLEASE HELP!!

bruce bruce at celticmusicradio.net
Thu May 1 11:18:35 BST 2008

> I wonder if you can offer any advice on CHEAP methods of keeping studios
> nice and cool? When we had our brief encounter with warm weather last
> week we realised it was time to start thinking of a cheap and effective
> ways of keeping our place pleasant.

Cheap. Effective. Quiet. Pick any two :-)

Aircon is difficult enough when you don't have to factor in "quiet".
Once noise becomes critical, the costs go through the roof.

I'd be looking at having some natural ventilation - although that's
difficult if there's a noisy road outside, and some large, slow
fans, which will circulate the same amount of air as a "normal"
desk fan, but should be quieter.

Also, especially if you are in a south-facing room, you could try
reflective window-film. I've got a south-facing room which used to
get very hot in summer. We applied reflective film to the inside
of the glass, and it's made a significant difference - more so than
blinds...

Bruce.

--

Bruce Rodger