[cma-l] Air conditioning advice PLEASE HELP!!

Two Lochs Radio tlr at gairloch.co.uk
Thu May 1 10:45:25 BST 2008

I you have an above ceiling/below floor space then bathroom/kitchen type
ducting with the fan mounted remotely from the air outlets, preferably
mounted on convenient masonry, not timber frame, is usually pretty effective
with minimial noise/sound leakage. Ideally you would build baffle boxes
behind the outlets.

Are you on a ground floor with access to a garden or grass area? If so, you
can make a wonderful low-energy cooling system by getting some community
volutneers to bury 50-100mm drainage pipes with suitable protected intake
and drawing air through it into the building - as long as the pipes are
buried at least 300mm, preferably a little more, they will be held at aroudn
10-14C by the earth, and they just need to be long enough to deliver enough
cooling to match the rate of air flow!

Alex