[cma-l] Adjudicators needed as Life FM prepares to break the Guinness World Record for the longest continuous radio broadcast - from 10th April 2008

Community Media Association cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 10:11:27 GMT 2008

Fwd.

From: "Gabriella Incalza Kaplanova" <gabriella at lifefm.org.uk>

Dear All,

As Life FM is getting ready for the Guinness World Record Attempt, we
need your help! We are looking for 'adjudicators' to witness history in
the making.

What does this involve? Four hours of your time at some point between
the 10th of April and the 16th . You’d be required to witness the
attempt for 4 hours and then sign a report to say you were there! It
will be a very exciting time so please let me know if you are interested
in taking part and when you would be available.

Who’s eligible? Anyone who does not work or volunteer for Life FM,
works and lives in Brent/London and is able to commit to a 4 hour
shift free of charge.

See below for further details of the attempt. Please do not hesitate to
forward this email to anyone you know who might be interested.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Gabriella Incalza Kaplanova
Station Manager

Life FM 103.6
2nd Floor
89-93 High Street
Harlesden
London
NW10 4NX

Direct Dial: 0208 963 9568
Fax: 0208 963 9561

http://www.lifefm.org.uk/
www.myspace.com/lifefm1036
http://www.bang-ed.com/
http://www.skfm.org.uk/

BANG

Press Release

24th March 2008

'Community radio doesn't sleep! Life FM prepares to break the Guinness
World Record for the longest continuous radio broadcast in a one hundred
and thirty-six hour radio show.*

One show, six days – one hundred and thirty-six hours. Brent community
radio station, Life FM, will attempt to break the current Guinness World
record for the longest continuous broadcast between 10th April and
16th April 2008. Drive time presenter DJ P has effortlessly broken a
local record by enduring twenty-four continuous hours on air in
preparation for the big attempt.

The Guinness World Book Record attempt is supported by The Neighbourhood
Renewal Team for Stonebridge and Harlesden and will be a key feature of
their 'Love Where You Live' campaign. Staff at Life FM hope that the
attempt will raise awareness of community radio and in turn draw
attention to the thriving community of Harlesden and Stonebridge.

Both Harlesden and Stonebridge have received negative publicity over the
last few years due to several gun-related incidents. These incidents
have tainted the image of the area and overshadowed the positive
attributes of the areas which are based in the borough of Brent, one of
Europe’s leading culturally diverse areas.

Station manager, Gabriella Incalza Kaplanova said, 'we are doing this to
win the title, of course, and to bring attention to the role Life FM has
in this wonderful community. *This area has been suffering a lot of bad
press in the past and we want to bring the spotlight to this place with
a positive, fun event.'

She added, 'DJ P is so excited about this attempt, he is already loosing
sleep over it! DJ P has come from a background in pirate radio stations
and joined Life FM, not only because of his love of music, but for his
commitment to the station’s community agenda.'

On the 8th March DJ P effortlessly managed to pull off a twenty four
hour slot – without any sleep – taking only three fifteen minute breaks,
in preparation for the main event. The station was swamped with calls
from the community throughout the twenty-four hours, who rang to show
their support for him. The lively drive time presenter said of his pre
attempt, “It was a real challenge but most definitely a good experience.
After all I love music and one of the best things for me is playing
music for the community and being able to give something back.”

*The event will start on Thursday April 10th at 4pm and will finish on
Wednesday 16th April 8am at Life FM, High Street Harlesden, NW10 4NX.
For more information contact Rita on 020 8963 9560 or email
rita at bang-ed.com.

You can listen to this event live on Life FM 103.6FM or alternatively at
www.lifefm.org.uk