[cma-l] Ofcom publishes reasons for the award of four new community radio...

rp2 at st-andrews.ac.uk rp2 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Wed Mar 5 20:48:47 GMT 2008

Quoting Stevensuttie at aol.com:

> Hi Alan and other correspondents to this debate,

This is my Two Penny's worth ..

It's not that long ago when people like myself were banging on the door of the
then Radio Authority pleading for a Community radio license to be made available
to small scale local interest broadcasters ....

Well eventually it did happen ... but what has changed ?

We appear to have another tier of ILR stations up and down the UK and most of
them are dire ...  There are one or two exceptions to this EG Radio Reverb in
Brighton

Somewhere along the way the plot has been lost !!! Community radio Stations
should have been forced to obtain Charitable Status rather than exist as Not
for profits business entities ...  That would have forced out all the money
grabbers feeding of the goodwill of Community radio.

As someone with special needs I had hoped that community radio would go someway
to help inspire and fuel the aspirations of the more disadvantaged members of
our country.

I do not believe that what exists at present achieves this ...

Rycharde Perry