[cma-l] Phils Comments

richodr at blueyonder.co.uk richodr at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 15:58:11 GMT 2008

Quite right too Phil.

We in Barnsley after 13 RSL broadcasts, 50 years in existance as a radio
service in Barnsley (hospital radio), failed for the second time as a
Community radio provider, why !
We are too costly (relistic costs not cheap dreams)
the music sounds like our commercial station (its a known fact after 13
RSL's that we have 5 more cd sets than our local commercial service (did I
say local ????)
And to boot, our transmitter is in the wrong place (we failed first time
because we tried to cover our whole town, we failed this time because the
transmitter will not serve a large enough area ???).

Rubbish, we feel that the LOCAL station may have had something to say
about a station with a track record of listeners, providing what the
listening public want and allowing access to local people.
Perhaps profits may have been upset.

We live on