[cma-l] Let's talk about science!: Scienceprojekt from Austrian Community Radio Station

Peter Lewis P.M.Lewis at lse.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 11:34:51 GMT 2008

This may be of interest to members of this list

Peter Lewis

(partner in former IREN project)

\\

From: Nicole Modl [mailto:n.modl at radiofabrik.at]
Subject: Let's talk about science!: Scienceprojekt from Austrian
Community Radio Station

Dear Members of IREN!

Radiofabrik is a non-commercial Community Radio Station in
Austria/Salzburg. Together with the Austrian and German Federation of
Community Radio Stations and the University of Salzburg (Prof. Dr.
Paus-Hasebrink, Prof. Dr. Tichy) we have produced 22 broadcasts for
children and young adults. The series "Let's talk about science!" was
produced with financial support of the European Union (6. Frameprogram,
Science and Society): 11 short radio plays for children with subsequent
studio talks where children had a chance to ask questions in relation to
the produced radio plays; 11 radio shows involving scientists and
society for the target group teenagers, 3 of them in English.

The broadcasts intend to inspire young listeners to become interested in
science and to understand the important contribution of research for the
solution of global present questions.

We orient towards you, because we would be very happy when you find the
opportunity to inform your members of our project/webpage:

http://talk-science.eu (English/German)

promote this project in one of your newsletters, or set a link to our
webpage.

For more information please visit our webpage or contact me anytime.

With best wishes from Radiofabrik,
Nicole Modl