[cma-l] JOB OPPORTUNITIES - 5-year full-time posts in Community Radio

Murray Dawson murray at shmu.org.uk
Wed Jun 18 10:57:39 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

Anyone out there looking for a long-term, secure job in Community
Radio/Media?

Fancy a change of setting?

Ever fancied living in the North of Scotland,
- in an energetic city,
- in one of the leading Community Media organisations in the UK,
- surrounded by the great outdoors,
- with guaranteed great weather all year round
(well maybe exaggerating the last point......)

Then please read on...

Station House Media Unit is a volunteer led community media organisation
offering services across the regeneration areas of Aberdeen.

Having successfully secured £317,000 from the Big Lottery in Scotland,
we are looking for 3 community minded, dynamic individuals to join our
team to help develop shmuFM - our Community Radio station serving the
regeneration areas of north & central Aberdeen.  The Community Radio
station launched in October 2007 and presently supports around 75
volunteers a week broadcast over 120 hours of live broadcasting to our
target areas.

shmuFM Radio Station Manager
Salary: £25,690 to £27,980
One of the most important posts in the organisation that combines the
excitement of the project with complex management requirements.   A
dynamic team leader, you will be responsible for dealing with all
aspects of the station's operations and will have proven management
skills that will drive this strand of the project's work forward.

shmuFM Radio Administrator
Salary: £18,840 to £20,673
An experienced and highly motivated individual, well organised and
proficient in ICT and administration, you will have the ability to deal
with a diverse range of people on a daily basis.  You will develop and
implement processes, structures and procedures underpinning the shmuFM
Community Radio Project.
Both posts funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund

Publications & Design Development Worker
Salary: £19,311 to £21,189
This post will support and develop the design element of our community
publications, support the graphic and web design needs, and develop
income-generating opportunities for the organisation.

For full job descriptions and application forms please visit:

http://www.shmu.org.uk/vacancies.shtml

Or call 01224 515013 for an information pack

Closing date for applications is Friday 4th July at 5.00pm.

We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all
sections of the community.