[cma-l] Foundation Degree in Community Radio

Richard Berry richard.berry at sunderland.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 13:33:50 BST 2008

Hi everyone

I would really appreciate if you could share the following with
volunteers at your stations, especially any of those considering
University this year.

This September we will launch a Foundation Degree in Community Radio at
our Media Centre here in Sunderland. It's a 2 year course and will cover
all aspects of radio production from basic editing and production to
drama and the law. It also requires all students to spend time on
placement, which could be with our own station (due on air in 2009) or
with your station. The hope is that some of the skills they pick here
can be filtered back into stations through cascaded training and so on.

We welcome applications for all walks of life, young or old from all
over the UK and beyond. If anyone would like to find out more then
please contact me or visit our website for more information.

Thanks a lot

Richard
--
Richard Berry