[cma-l] Digital Radio Working Group Stakeholders meeting 14 July

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Thu Jun 12 12:08:05 BST 2008

Dear members

Please find below details of the Digital Radio Working Group
Stakeholders meeting.  If you would like to attend, please could you
contact DCMS directly rather than the CMA.  If you cannot attend but
have views you would like presented, then please let me know and I will
endeavour to ensure they are put forward at the meeting.

Best wishes

Jaqui

Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

Dear all,

DRWG: 2nd Stakeholders Meeting - Monday 14th July

I am pleased to invite you to the 2nd stakeholders meeting of the
Digital Radio Working Group (DRWG) on Monday 14th July starting at 2pm
in 2-4 Cockspur Street.  It is expected to last for 2 hours.

As many of you will know, the DRWG was launched on 22 November 2007.
This independently chaired expert and consumer working group is looking
at how to promote digital radio and increase the numbers of people
listening to it.  Chaired by Barry Cox and made up of key stakeholders,
the DRWG has been tasked with considering:

           o What conditions would need to be achieved before digital
platforms could become the predominant means of delivering radio?
           o What are the current barriers to the growth of digital radio?
           o What are the possible remedies to those barriers?

  The Group has been holding regular meetings and has set up 4
sub-groups to consider specific issues in greater detail.  These 4
specific areas are:

           o Technology and Consumer Proposition
           o Spectrum
           o Manufacturers
           o Mechanism for Growth

The 4 sub-groups have reported their initial findings to the Chair, who
has decided to submit an interim report to the Secretary of State.  This
second Stakeholders meeting with provide the opportunity for you to hear
how the Group is proceeding and to feed comments into the Group's
considerations.  In particular, you will hear about the progress of the
Group, the interim report and what future work is required, before the
Group submits its final report to the Secretary of State at the end of
the year.

I would be grateful if you could confirm your attendance to me.

Best regards

Alan
Alan Casselton
Radio and Media Markets
Broadcasting
DCMS

0207 211 6033

DCMS aims to improve the quality of life for all through cultural and
sporting activities, to support the pursuit of excellence and to
champion the tourism, creative and leisure industries.