[cma-l] Ofcom PSB2 Review - public service content

Jaqui Devereux jaqui.devereux at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 16:40:58 BST 2008

Dear all

I am writing to remind you that Ofcom's second Public Service
Broadcasting Review consultation has a deadline of 19th June for

All of you, on whatever platform/s, need to submit a response if you
can.  It is vital that the community media sector is recognised as one
of the broadcasting (radio and TV) and internet deliverers of public
service content.  The more responses Ofcom receives pointing this out,
the more likely that this can be achieved.  If we can get in a number of
chance we have of influencing thinking on the funding and delivery
models currently under discussion, to encourage Ofcom to look beyond the
Big Four and to include smaller and more diverse players in the future -
i.e. the community media sector.

Below the link to the PSB documents:

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consult/condocs/psb2_1/execsummary/

We will publish our response shortly,

Best wishes

Jaqui

--
Jaqui Devereux

Director
Community Media Association

15 Paternoster Row
Sheffield
S1 2BX

+44 114 279 5219

Join the CMA now for discounts, networking,
workshops, streaming, information, support
and a voice for community media

www.commedia.org.uk

Access to the media for people and communities