[cma-l] Foot In The Door

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Jun 4 14:53:31 BST 2008

Fwd:

Radio jobs speed dating - a chance for young people and other industry
aspirants to meet the professionals.

http://www.radioacademy.org.uk/record.jsp?type=event&ID=119

* Hosted by: Jim Gellatly, Xfm Scotland
* Venue: City Halls, Glasgow, G1 1NQ
* Date: June 30th 2008
* Time: 12:30pm-5:10pm

Click here:

http://www.secure-website.com/radioacademy/FITD08

to register for Foot In The Door.

Registration is £15, including lunch and afternoon tea.

Foot In The Door delegates are also invited to attend the Civic
Reception and GMG Debate:

http://www.radioacademy.org.uk/record.jsp?type=optionalPage&ID=48

in the City Halls and Festival Club, Arta.

_ _

Sessions

12.30pm - Registration
1.00-2.00pm - Lunch with TechCon delegates
2.00pm-3.30pm - Rounds 1-5
3.30pm-3.45pm - Afternoon Tea with TechCon delegates
3.50pm-5.00pm - Rounds 6-9
5.10pm - Conference closes
5.30 - Civic Reception
6.30 - GMG debate
7.30 - Festival Club Arta

Rounds

1. Presenting - What do I put on a demo?

Muslim Alim, BBC Asian Network
2. Education - Do I need to go on a course?
3. Production - How do I get to be a producer?

Rowan Collinson, Somethin? Else
4. Station branding
5. Interactive - Is it more than radio?
6. What keeps a station on air?

David McSparron, Global Radio

Daniel Owen
7. Music scheduling - Who chooses the music?

Barbara Wallace, BBC Scotland
8. Journalist - How do I get to be a journalist?
9. Programme pitch - I?ve got a great idea for a programme?

Kaliq Meer, BBC Asian Network

Sam Steele, Channel 4 Radio

What last year's delegates said:

"Thank you so much for the Foot in the Door event. It was absolutely
fantastic! It was so different than any other conference I?ve been to,
and really got me thinking seriously about the career I want in radio
and how to get it. The speakers were brilliant and made everybody feel
comfortable and confident. Thanks again, I will definitely keep up to
date with the Radio Academy and any other events you might be putting
on."
Rebecca Heyes

"Foot In The Door was a thoroughly enjoyable day as it was great to
meet radio professionals and others starting out. It is very encouraging
to hear how the people you listen to or who work on the stations and
programmes that you love were once in the same boat as you. The
competition was an added bonus, particularly as I was one of the two
winners! I enjoyed a week at BBC 6 Music and Somethin? Else, both of
which have cemented my desire to further my career in the Radio
industry. All in all since attending the event my knowledge, abilities
and confidence have grown tremendously and it has given me an excellent
grounding to build from."
Tom Pearmain