[cma-l] Listening figures

Al Garthwaite al at vera-media.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 18:26:34 BST 2008

The figures for LeedselevenFM:

231 interviews conducted in all.

Intro blurb, then

Q1: Have you heard of LeedselevenFM?
98 yes. 42.42% (slightly lower than I said before. Mis-recalled. Now
checked.)

Q2: (if yes) How have you heard of it?
Majority knew of it through leaflets and posters.

Q3: (to those who had heard of it): Have you had a chance to listen to any
of the programmes?
42 of the 98 said yes. That's 42.857%.

Q4: (If yes) What did you listen to & What did you think of the programme/s?
Various answers.

Q5: Do you think it's a good idea to have a local community radio station
with news, music, talk programmes...
215 yes. Some additional comments recorded.

Interviewers were mainly, as I said, volunteers. We gave them all some
training and guidance before they went out. They did, of course, go out and
about in our local Leeds 11 area. In the city centre, or another part of
Leeds, we would expect the figures to be very much lower.

We have kept copies of all the completed forms, who the interviewer was in
each case, at what location, and the time and date.

As the RSL in question took place last August, unfortunately students were
not available to undertake it as part of their coursework.

I am very glad that this correspondence has arisen, as it has given me lots
of ideas and led me to return to the survey. I have renewed my enthusiasm
for putting together the results as part of our report on the station so
far, along with a qualified academic in the field from Leeds Met University,
who will advise on presentation, add all necessary and appropriate comments
as to the reliability and significance of the results, and advise on our
best course of action in the future.

All best wishes

Al

Alison Garthwaite