[cma-l] Listening figures

Steven Suttie Stevensuttie at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 13:13:39 BST 2008

Dear All,

A question I am asked by everybody...guests, advertisers, volunteers, is
"how many listeners have you got?"

I know we've had 48,300 streams downloaded in the past 6 months, by
5,000  unique listeners. But in terms of FM listeners I don't have a
clue and have no option but to say this.

We have listeners, I know this by doing comps (87 entries to the
Nintendo Wii giveaway).

But my question to you: How do you measure listener numbers?

I hope you can help, and that this thread is of use to everybody else.

Ta.

Kindest Regards
Steve Suttie
Station Manager, 94.4FM  Salford City Radio
0161 793 2939 (Office) 07772  355852 (Mobile)
CHECK OUT http://www.salfordcityradio.org/