[cma-l] Guardian Ethnic Media Summit 2008 ? earlybird discount offer!

Karl Hartland hartland.karl at 209radio.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 12:57:01 BST 2008

Well, let's thank the fact that Jaqui at least will be there and hope
that this does actually do something to improve or discuss in a valid
way the 'ethnic issues' facing public and commercial ends of the sector,
but some have mailed me today with their opinions of its (this event)
worth at all....I think the great majority of us benefit now from any
imbalances in the values of others in terms of good involvement and
representations of BME people and groups from our communities who find
other doors harder to open

It's my wish that how we (CM) operate day to day is eventually seen as
the norm by others and they start spending such money on enabling media
access instead of rabbiting about it over full-cost-recovery rocket salads

I've had promoters from MG calling me in the past trying desperately to
fill these highly priced places for other MG events and they themselves
were laughing at the tariffs offered....

(Speaking as part of a team who brought regular non-English language
programmes to Cambridge for the first time)

Karl Hartland
209radio Station Manager

105 FM in the Cambridge City Area
http://209radio.co.uk everywhere else!

Citylife House
Sturton Street
Cambridge
CB1 2QF

01223 488418
07968 898254

209radio is a Registered Charity in England, No. 1124610,
and a Company Limited by Guarantee, No. 5585527