[cma-l] Connections - 25th Anniversary offering bursaries in Film, TV and Media

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Feb 27 18:53:42 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Walton PR - Emma" <emma at waltonpr.com>

Please find below, a release on Connections a charity that gives
opportunities to disadvantaged people to develop film, TV media and
music skills – they are offering bursaries to help celebrate their
25th Anniversary.

If you require any further details, please give me a call.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Emma Walton

P R E S S   R E L E A S E

CONNECTIONS celebrates 25 years of enabling disadvantaged young people
to enter the film and TV industry with new bursary scheme.

Connections Communications Centre, the charity giving new
opportunities to disadvantaged young people to develop film, TV media
and music skills, is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a new
bursary scheme.  Through excellence and innovation in education and
career development, Connections has empowered excluded teenagers and
budding filmmakers to tell their stories.

The new bursary scheme offers companies a unique opportunity to
contribute to developing the energy, creativity and drive of talented
young individuals that would otherwise be denied access.  These
bursaries are creating the facility for young people to develop their
technical and professional skills into marketable products.  Companies
can choose from a range of bursaries, with film content ranging from
relevant contemporary issues and corporate responsibility initiatives.
 The bursaries will result in broadcast quality films created by those
who would not otherwise have had the opportunity.

Last year, Connections supported over 500 young people with structured
video camera editing and music technology training.  Over 85% of
trainees come from Black, Asian or minority ethnic backgrounds.
Nearly all of the young learners were at risk of exclusion, or were
not in any other education, training or employment.

Paul Brett, Chairman of Connections said:  "We're very proud of our 25
years of helping young people from different backgrounds into an
industry where they have traditionally been underrepresented.
Connections currently has a client base of over 200 London creative
businesses, this ensures that our support for young people, new
entrants and freelancers is in line with employers needs.  Through our
bursary programme we hope to engage companies looking to expand their
corporate responsibility programmes into their advertising programme
by using our young people to build their products."

For further information on the bursary packages, please contact
Jacqueline Davis on 020 8735 6015.

-ends-

For further press information, please contact:

Emma Walton, Walton Public Relations, 86 Roman Way,
Bourton-on-the-Water, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL54 2HD. Tel: 01451
821800 Mobile: 07515 357842 Email: emma at waltonpr.com

Notes to Editors:

Connections has:
- supported thousands of unemployed people to gain vocational entry
level skills for the film and broadcast industry
- awarded hundreds of film bursaries to first time directors
- delivered over a thousand video, music and animation workshops for
young people through - drop in or in partnership with schools, youth
clubs, community groups and youth      offending teams
- provided thousands of film makers with free or subsidised equipment hire

Connections is supported by:
- London Development Agency
- European Regional Development Fund
- Learning and Skills Council