[cma-l] £135 Million Funding Boost Announced For Five Hours of Culture

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Wed Feb 20 14:00:30 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: helen manchester <helen.l.manchester at manchester.ac.uk>

Further Information related to the 5 hours of culture, retrieved from:

http://www.creative-partnerships.com/offer

The Government announced today (13 February 2008) that each child
should be offered at least 5 hours of high quality culture per week, in
and out of school. They are seeking expressions of interest from
partnerships wishing to explore how this could be achieved. The
deadline for submitting an expression of interest is April 7 2008.

As a minimum young people should have access to a range of the
following opportunities:
(a list follows, no mention of radio as a creative practice, but there
is:)

**learning about and making films, digital or new media art

Expressions of interest
We welcome expressions of interest from partnerships who might like to
pilot the programme locally. For further information please contact
offer at creative-partnerships.com

Cheers
Helen