[cma-l] Refresh Your Ears

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Feb 18 17:38:36 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------

From: "Helen Harrison" <hellonice at hotmail.com>

Message from Nell Harrison, Soundart Radio in South Devon

Our friends Aune Head Arts are running two residential sound art /
listening retreats on Dartmoor this Spring.  So, if you and your ears
are feeling a little jaded, please read on and then go to
http://www.auneheadarts.org/ to book.

Look. Listen.

A listening retreat on Dartmoor

May 15-18, 2008

Join artists Richard Povall and Tony Whitehead for a four-day
listening retreat on high Dartmoor at one of the most sonically
breathtaking times of the year.  Designed for artists wanting to build
an appreciation of the sonic environment into their work, we will
spend time out on the moor at all times of day and night learning to
listen to this special place and it's unique soundscape.  Spend time
in our digital studios, and produce your own sound compositions based
on your creative responses.

Stalk. See.

A creative retreat on Dartmoor

April 27-30, 2008

Join artist Martin Prothero and watch animals, hang out in the bushes,
track dung, footprints and other leavings and traces, and gather
sounds and sights that most of us normally miss.  Record, draw, write,
respond.  Learn to look and listen in different ways and learn about
this extraordinary landscape and the richness it supports.  We will be
based on high Dartmoor at one of the more breathtaking times of the
year.  Unmissable.